Gram Seva during Covid 19 Pandemic
Posted by: Admin | Posted on: 2020-08-20 16:13:27
Friends, the Covid 19 pandemic has affected all, not just medically but also economically and socially. Gram Seva has been trying to help the patients coming to the hospital for medical services, by continuing its hospital activities day and night. At the same time, with the help of donors, the people in the surrounding villages were also provided essential food grains, masks and other toiletries to help cope in this situation. Here is a small report of all the Covid 19 pandemic relief activities done by us.
Relief Activities by Gram Seva
During this pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we have continued our emergency and essential OPD and Indoor clinical services.
- 13863 patients have been treated in OPD and 650 were hospitalized.
- 64 preterm babies treated in NICU, 91 patients treated in ICU,
- 808 Dialysis sessions were done
- 317 deliveries were conducted out of which 59 were complicated deliveries.
Free Medicines and Consultation
- Provided free medicines to all Out patient department patients.
- Free consultation for patients in OPD
- Indoor services are also given at concessional rates.
Our Covid warriors
- We are happy that the no one in the staff, has refused to work, instead they were ready to work whenever needed.
- Soap and Detergent Distribution
- We distributed soap cakes and detergent powders to 6000 families of farm labourers in 22 villages.
- 13250 cotton, reusable masks were also distributed in the villages.
- 17 local women also got job work for production of the masks.
Food Grains kit distribution
- 607 food kits with one month rations of three types of food-grains, salt and oil were distributed.
- To increase awareness in the community regarding corona virus infection, its spread, signs and symptoms and prevention we sent a mobile van with amplifier and mike system to 350 falias in 22 villages. Voice messages related to corona were announced in the local dialect.
- 5000 Covid related posters were displayed in all falias of the villages.
- Drawing material related to corona virus and colours were distributed to 350 children
Many donors and well-wishers also came forward voluntarily to help us and contribute in this war against corona. We are thankful to them for supporting us in these trying times.
Our special thanks to
- Sheth Damjibhai Lakshmichand Jain Dharm Sthanak (Trust), Mumbai,
- Shri Nimeshchandra Vasanji Vashi,(Surat),
- Shri Samast Leuva Patidar Samaaj (Navsari),
- Shri Dhanjibhai Mistry,
- Ujjwal Dharm Mahila Mandal (Mumbai),
- Shamdasani Foundation (Hongkong),
- Rotary club of Gandevi,
- Mr. Raj Soni (New Delhi)
- Mr. Mukesh Mehta (Bilimora),
- P.J.Desai Trust, Valsad,
- Aspi Agro Charitable trust,
- Mrs. Amita Pratik Desai (Kuwait)
- Shri. Sumanbhai Parmar & friends (Kacholi).
We are also thankful to Mr. Deval Desai and donors of Gram Seva Foundation, Chicago, U.S.A., who started a matching grant, food donation drive. Mr. Desai added matching grant to the amount of donation generated by this drive.
View All Events